There are many different reasons people love fall, but I think we can all agree on at least one thing–fall in the Seacoast is the best! The crisp air, the smell of fresh apples, and the color of the leaves make pop. Oh my, the color that is around is nothing short of fabulous! So many people, from far away, come to visit us during this season. So, after peeping at the leaves, what else can you do?
Here are some of the fun fall things to do in the Seacoast and beyond:
Apple Picking – Yum! This is truly my favorite part of fall. Hot cider, along with its partner…the cider doughnut! There are so many places to pick apples around the Seacoast. Many of these farms/orchards host hayrides, farm animals, pumpkin picking, and other activities.
- Applecrest Farm Orchards – Hampton Falls — This venue has some wonderful things to add to your apple picking experience. Starting in September, take part in their weekend fall festivals, complete with music, kids’ activities, food, and hayrides. The last two weekends of October include storybook hayrides.
- Apple Annie – Brentwood
- Apple Hill Farm – Concord
- Blueberry Bay Farm – Stratham
- Demeritt Hill Farm – Lee
- Emery Farm – Durham
- Hazelton Orchards – Chester
- Stonebrook Farm – Gilford
- Sunnycrest Farm – Londonderry
Corn Mazes – Honestly, I have never tried to solve one before. This is the year to change that, as my five-year-old twins are ready for the adventure, as well. Check these out:
- Charmingfare Farm – Candia — This is the one I hear people talk most about. Charmingfare has regular and haunted corn mazes, as well as a great petting farm!
- Coppal House Farm – Lee
- Elwood Orchards – Londonderry
- Scamman Farm – Stratham
Fairs – There are still a couple of fairs to visit through the fall. Enjoy that fried dough (and fried everything else) before it is gone!
- Deerfield Fair – Deerfield – Sept 29 – October 2
- Rochester Fair – Rochester – Sept 16-25
- Sandwich Fair – Sandwich – Oct 8-10
Halloween – Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate (second only to Christmas, the day my twins were born). There are just so many fun things to do. I love seeing all the great costumes; lots of time and originality go into some. Here are some fun events for you to try:
- Charmingfare Farm – Candia – This farm runs haunted hayrides, and also hosts a handful of dates for a trick-or-treating, which looks too fun to miss.
- Demeritt Hill Farm – Lee – Known for its Haunted Overload attraction, this is the place to be for spookiness! Demeritt Hill won for the scariest haunted attraction in 2014 on the ABC show, “The Great Halloween Fright Fight.”
- Strawbery Banke – Portsmouth — Check out a great family-friendly event at the end of October (28 and 29) called “Ghosts on the Banke.”
Other fall activities – Here a few other activities that are super fun for the family:
- Milford Pumpkin Festival – Milford – Oct 7- 10
- Strawbery Banke NH Fall Festival – Portsmouth – Saturday, Oct 8
- Strawbery Banke Fairy Houses – Portsmouth – Sept 24 and 25
Please add any other places/events you think other moms should know about in the comments.