I have someone fabulous for you to meet: Lauren Bartlett of Blissfully Lively! Her online nutrition coaching, amazing in-home meal prep service, and complete wellness education for women is just what every mom needs.
Lauren is the face behind Blissfully Lively. Her once personal blog has turned into a thriving business that educates women about nutrition and how to simply live a healthier life. If you find yourself struggling with preparing meals, eating as healthy as you would like, or maybe you just want someone to tell you what to cook or cook for you, Lauren is your girl. Everything is personalized to the individual and she will work with you to fit you and your family’s lifestyle.
What to expect from Blissfully Lively: Nutrition Coaching
Lauren came to my house for an initial consultation. It was a Tuesday morning and of course my house resembled something of a tornado. Thankfully my barking dog and crazy toddler didn’t bother Lauren a bit. We sat down and chatted for a better part of an hour about life, nutrition, food, meal prep, kitchen organization, etc. This girl knows her stuff! She’s not about to throw some crazy diet down your throat but rather wants to work with you and your needs. She knows that everyone is different and she wants to help you figure out what works for you so you learn how to build and sustain a healthier lifestyle.
I explained to her that my biggest struggles are meal prep and meal variety. Even though I know meal prep can save money, help a family eat better and stop me from stressing about dinner, it is hard to do when wrangling the wild animals living with me. When it comes to diversity of cuisine, I have my 10 go-to recipes that everyone is sick of already. Lauren gave me some great advice about meal prep and healthy eating that I’d love to share.
Top Five Meal Prep Tips
- Meal plan at the same time every week. That means book a few hours for grocery shopping and meal prep. Put it in the calendar just like you would a meeting.
- Stick to your grocery list. Once you figure out what you are making for meals, make a grocery list and stick to it!
- Invest in some glass storage containers. They are clear so you can see what’s in them and they stack easily in the fridge.
- Get some good utensils. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy. Some good knives, a plastic cutting board for meat, and a wood cutting board for everything else. Good tools help make prep that much easier.
- Make breakfast quick and easy. This one is genius! Mornings are chaotic so I need breakfast to be a piece of cake…not literally.
Top Five Healthy Eating Tips
- Drink water! Your body needs it.
- Be mindful with what you eat and why you’re eating. What do you really feel like eating? When are you feeling full? Are you really hungry?
- Practice Moderation. Along with mindful eating, remember everything in moderation.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Most of the good whole foods live there. Most of the processed, non-foods live in the middle.
- Purge the junk. If you’re like me, if it’s in your house you’re probably eating it! Throw away everything you don’t want you or your family eating.
After the initial consultation, Lauren curates a monthly personalized grocery list, checks in with you to keep you accountable, and offers one-on-one support for it all. Everything is tailored to you and your family.
What to Expect From Blissfully Lively: In-Home Meal prep
The next week Lauren came over again and got busy in the kitchen. I got to see how her in-home meal prep service works. She made us this delicious meal and all I had to do was sit and drink coffee while we discussed all things weddings, marriage, and kiddos. That night we ate the amazing meal Lauren had prepared and it was delicious and healthy. The best part? I didn’t have to cook! I would have asked her to move in with me but she’s about to get married. Sigh.
Lauren works with you and does everything from raiding your pantry and fridge to shopping and preparing meals for your family. You can work with her on a monthly or weekly basis, depending on your needs and budget. Can you imagine coming home to a fridge stocked with prepped meals for the week? Heavenly.
Want to know more about Blissfully Lively?
Check out Blissfully Lively’s newly released Ebook, The BL Guide To Simple Meal Prep. I bought it the day that it came out and I am loving it!
Also Check out her Podcast – Honestly Uncensored
All images by Raya On Assignment