Let’s be honest: if you’re a mom, you’re probably almost always 0n-the-go. So I love discovering and perfecting quick ways to make myself feel better and look more put together when leaving the house. My Pinterest board is loaded with hair and makeup tips and tricks, and I’ve tried them all.
These are my daily makeup steps when I’m running out the door start my day. Even if I am headed out for a (rare)date night, I always start with these basic steps and just add on a little more sparkle from there. I’ve included a few different options for each of my favorite product at different price points.
- Apply a tinted moisturizer. I tend to like BB or CC creams (basically tinted moisturizer on steroids). In addition to hydrating and evening out skin tones, they treat the skin with antioxidants and other anti-aging ingredients, and often include SPF. I usually dab a drop on the back of my left hand, then use a brush to apply a light layer over my entire face. This step should not take more than ten seconds. I like to use this BECCA brush, or the Beauty Blender. Dampen the beauty blender to give your skin a dewy look! These are a little pricey, but will last a long time if kept clean.
- Maybelline BB Cream – This is what I the cream I wear on a daily basis. Its light coverage makes you feel like you’re wearing no makeup at all.
- it Cosmetics CC+ – This is my pick if I’m looking for a little more coverage, usually at night, or for a special occasion. It’s results are flawless when applied with the Beauty Blender.
- Apply bronzer. This step should take about 15 second. I grab a big fluffy brush and apply bronzer focusing on the indent of my cheek between my cheekbone and my jawbone in an upward motion. The BECCA works well for a bronzer.
- Apply same bronzer to the eye crease. This is one of my favorite tricks. Who has time for eyeshadow? Or better question, who even wants to be wearing eyeshadow during the day? While I have my bronzer out, I take a fluffy eyeshadow brush and swipe a few times in the upper crease of my eye. Game Changer. Effortless and natural pop of brightness, and flatters any skin tone.
- Blending Brush – my personal pick
- Apply Mascara. Before kids, I splurged on mascara. I’ve tried most of them out there.
But I don’t have to splurge anymore. There are SO many good options that are cheap. A few strokes and you’re good to go. Sometimes I layer on 2 or 3 different ones if I’m looking for a more dramatic effect. A few of my faves…
I recommend picking up a fabulous little makeup bag to store just these basic essentials. So when you’re flying out the door, you can skip rummaging through your entire makeup collection and grab this two-minute kit that guarantees you a game face for another glamorous day of “mom-life”!