Santa’s Village in Jefferson, New Hampshire is by far my family’s favorite theme park. Their motto ‘Pure Joy, Family Style’ couldn’t be more true.
We recently had the chance to visit the park with some relatives and a group totaling four adults and five kids ages two to nine years old. Every single person in our party had a fantastic time and we will continue to talk about the memories made for years to come!
It takes a lot to plan any sort of trip with kids, especially one that involves a large public place and time outside in the summer heat. Having visited Santa’s Village twice, I want to share the top 5 reasons why we love Santa’s Village as well as some tips and tricks to make the most of your visit.
So why do my family and I love Santa’s Village? Here are the top 5 reasons!
1. The park is clean, shady and beautiful.
I can’t say enough about the cleanliness of the park. The picnic tables throughout the grassy areas are always spotless and employees are constantly sweeping the walkways and cleaning the bathrooms. The layout of the park is perfect with beautiful shade trees and nice walking paths. This is key for keeping kids cool in the heat!
2. Santa’s Village is truly fun for ALL ages.
Everyone in our group had a blast, including the parents! While the older kids couldn’t get enough of the Yule Log Flume and Rudy’s Rapid Transit Coaster, the little ones loved the Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree Swings and the Reindeer Carousel. Whether you like adventure or tamer ride experiences, there is something there that you will surely love!
3. It is a family-friendly park in every way.
There are changing tables and nursing rooms conveniently located throughout the park. They have convenient stroller rental available and there are even diapers, wipes and other essentials for sale in the gift shop! The whole park is also stroller friendly.
4. It is MAGICAL!
There are so many fun features at Santa’s Village that will make your kid’s eyes light up! You can visit Santa in his house, or if you are lucky you will catch him on one of his strolls around the park. There are regular performances featuring fun songs, dances and special guests. You may also be lucky enough to ride one of the attractions with some of Santa’s elves. The Christmas music playing around the park is the icing on the cake!
5. The Extra Value “Return Pass” is a great deal!
If you enter the park after 3 p.m., they give you a free admission pass for any other regular non-holiday for the rest of the season. This is a great way to save money and explore the park on the first day and come up with a game plan for the next time you visit.
Here are some tips and tricks to take advantage of when you visit Santa’s Village!
- When it gets really hot, head to the water mister by the Reindeer Carousel near the main entrance. It is so refreshing and my kids loved it!
- Plan to hit the HoHoH20 water park at the end of the day. It is less crowded, and doing it this way means you only have to change clothes once!
- Eat at the Burger Meister Food Court. Fast service and quality food are key, but the best part is the air conditioned pavilion where you can eat, relax and escape the heat.
- Don’t miss the Skyway Sleigh. It is a great way to take a load off, see the whole park and get a souvenir family photo.
- You won’t want to miss Elf University. Go there first thing and get your kids a name tag that they can take around to every elf statue throughout the park and punch a hole for the letter. At the end of the day, turn in your name tag for a special certificate and pencil. Your kids will love discovering the elves!